Technische Universität Darmstadt
Multimedia Communications Lab (KOM)
Plan of site
- You arrive at Frankfurt Airport
Airport-Info: +49-69-6 90 30 51
- From the Frankfurt Airport to Darmstadt you will have a short and easy trip with the HEAG Airliner. Within 30 minutes you arrive in Darmstadt. The Airliner departs from the Airport bus terminal in front of Terminal 1, from Tor 3 or from Terminal 2. It brings you to Darmstadt Maritim Hotel or to the Hauptbahnhof (Central Station).
HEAG Airliner Timetable & Information
The way to the institute from Hauptbahnhof is described in the section below.
- If you take a taxi from the Airport to Darmstadt, the fare will be approximately EUR 40 - EUR 50.
- You arrive at Hauptbahnhof (Central Station).
- From the central station take the tramway line "2" or "3" or the bus line "H" or "K" in front of the station. At the stop "Schloss" leave the bus / tram. Form here it is a 5-8 minute walk (in direction of motion) along the Landgraf-Georg-Str. At the corner Landgraf-Georg-Str. / Merckstr. you will find our building (can be recognized by the yellow bricks).
Before getting on, get a ticket from the automaton (no. 4001, adults).
- Detailed Timetables:
Via motorway A5 (Frankfurt-Basel) or A67 (Köln-Mannheim)
Motorway intersection: Darmstadt
- Exit: "Darmstadt/Stadtmitte" (city centre)
- Drive straight on towards the city centre.
- Directly in front of the central place with a big sandstone column (Langer Ludwig) the street leads into a traffic tunnel (Cityring, B26). At the end of the tunnel the street splits up into two directions: turn left (direction 'Dieburg'), which is still B26. Follow the B26 and stay on the middle lane.
- At the next traffic light (at a T-intersection) turn left.
- At the next intersection with a traffic light, turn right (direction 'Dieburg').
- Shortly before the next traffic light, left of you there is the corner Merckstraße/ Landgraf-Georg-Straße where our building (can be recognized by the yellow bricks) is located.
Parking sites (see also map):