The objective of the course Software Defined Networking is to obtain a deep insight into Software Defined Networking as well as underlying concepts, technologies and applications.
To enroll for the lecture please sign in with TUCaN.
The course number is 18-sm-2280-vl Software Defined Networking.
- Language: English
- Teaching form: lecture & excercises (virtual)
- Exercises: Problem solving and programming labs
- Bonus: Yes! Details will be announced in moodle and during the first lecture
- Course organization: Boris Koldehofe, Saad Saleh (RuG), Benjamin Becker
- Exam: Facultative
- Course cycle: Winter term
- Weekly hours: 4 (2 Lecture + 2 Exercise)
- Credit points: 6 (may depend on your course of studies)
- TUCaN-ID: 18-sm-2280
- Lecture Material: Moodle (offline until Oct 1st 2022)
Wintersemester 2022/23: The course will take place in the forthcoming winter term virtual. Please find below the preliminary schedule.
- Thursdays, 09:45-10:55, weekly - see moodle plan
- Fridays, 13:30-15:00, weekly - see moodle plan
- Start: Oct 20th 2022
- Thursday, 16:15-17:55, weekly - see moodle plan
- Start: Oct 27th 2022
Please ensure that you are registered in moodle! We will only announce updated course information there! The moodle page will be online on Oct 1st 2022!
You should be registered in moodle automatically one day after registering in TUCaN. If not: please contact us.
The course deals with topics in the area of software defined networking:
- SDN Data Plane
- SDN Control Plane
- SDN Application Plane
- Network Function Virtualization
- Network Virtualization and Slicing
- QoS and QoE in Software Defined Networks